Len welcomes comments from his readers. To email him click here - LenSchritter@aol.com
<< Return to Blog Index
Let's Look Inside - 01/09
You might find yourself smiling.
Jan 31, 2009
For those of you who have found your way to this web site for the first time and are wondering whether or not it would be worth it to plunk down your hard earned cash on an unknown author and an unheard of book - this month's blog is dedicated to you.
One of the reasons I decided to write my book, "The Secret Life of a Snowbird" was because of my lifelong love of reading. I have been devouring books of all genres since I was a young boy. From the Hardy Boys Mysteries to Zane Grey paperbacks, from Civil War epics to suspense filled novels - the pleasure I have received from reading has followed me all throughout my life.
So, I knew that when I started writing my book, "The Secret Life of a Snowbird" I wanted to make sure that the content of it's pages would be something that I would love reading myself, something that would be enjoyable and fun, something that would leave readers wanting more. And I think I accomplished that goal.
But you don't know that yet - do you? You still have a decision to make. Let me help make it a little easier for you.
What follows is a list of each chapter along with a short comment from me, the author, about what this chapter is all about. Hopefully, this will help you make your decision.
Remember now, my book is all about having fun. If you don't find yourself smiling once in a while when reading "The Secret Life of a Snowbird", well maybe there's no hope for you. (Just kidding). So here we go. The table of contents of "The Secret Life of a Snowbird" with a little added twist.
Introduction: RUBBED BY A PIG
- Let your mind wander and you'll find that the possibilites are endless.
Chapter 1: WHY WE HEAD SOUTH
- Have you watched the news lately?
Chapter 2: WHAT'S WRONG WITH A LITTLE BURLESQUE?
- See comment under the introduction.
Chapter 3: OUR WINTER COMMUNITY
- Ahh, life behind the little guard house and the swinging gate.
Chapter 4: GETTING ACCLIMATED
- No snow but lot's of traffic.
Chapter 5: THE INCIDENT AT THE POST OFFICE
- There's always something to see when snowbirds line up at the post office.
Chapter 6: THE BINGO DRAMA UNFOLDS
- Don't leave home without your dauber.
Chapter 7: A SLICE OF GOLF
- Who invented this %@#? game anyway?
Chapter 8: THE FLEA MARKET AND THE CHILI DOG
- Lot's to see and do, but oh - my aching feet.
Chapter 9: DOWN MEXICO WAY
- A trip down south can turn into quite an adventure.
Chapter 10: SOUSED OF THE BORDER
- Watch out for those Margaritas.
Chapter 11: MORE THAN JUST PIE
- A trip to the restaurant becomes a real eye opener.
Chapter 12: FEEDING THE BIRDS TO THE BIRDS
- Huh? Once again refer to comment under the introduction.
Chapter 13: HOPE BLOOMS ETERNAL AT SPRING TRAINING
- The grass, the sunshine, the crowd - nothing beats it.
Chapter 14: GOING HOME
- The hardest part of the whole trip.
Well there you have it. Hope I helped you make up your mind.