||Five Star Publications, Inc.|
P.O. Box 6698,
Chandler, AZ 85246-6698
||$17.95 U.S. ($18.95 Canada)|
Softbound / Nonfiction
||8" by 8" / 148 pages|
photos of Judy Keel by Leslie Keel
Suggested Interview Questions
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
|Contact: Linda Radke, Five Star Publications, Inc.|
|Phone: (480) 940-8182 - Fax: (480) 940-8787|
'LEGENDS IN THE KITCHEN' GIVES CHEFS STAR POWER
Portion of proceeds donated to Motion Picture & Television Fund
CHANDLER, AZ (November 2009) - Chefs and novice cooks alike can impress friends and family with the very same dishes famous entertainers and dignitaries prepare and serve thanks to Legends in the Kitchen: Celebrity Recipes for a Cause, compiled by Mrs. Howard Keel & Linda F. Radke and published by Five Star Publications, Inc.
Dozens of celebrities have contributed their favorite recipes to this fabulous collector's cookbook--all for a good cause, as a percentage of proceeds from the sale of Legends in the Kitchen benefits the nonprofit Motion Picture & Television Fund, which has served the entertainment industry with a vast array of health, retirement, social and charitable services since 1921.
With Legends in the Kitchen, anyone can prepare the Beef Stew with Walnuts Betty Ford made for former President Gerald Ford, serve Beau Bridges Great Guac with corn chips at their next super bowl game, amaze friends with Ruth Buzzi's Cheese Blintzes or Dennis Weaver's Cheese Nut Loaf, or warm their families' tummies with Dick Clark's Cajun Corn Chowder, Victoria Principal's Jade Empress Chicken or Stefanie Powers' Pierogies.
Discover what Ruth Buzzi serves at dinner parties that are "always a big hit" and the story behind her Mystery Meat dish. Learn to make Pasta Fagioli from Michael Dante, who says it's the signature dish of his father who was born in Settefrati, Italy, and adds that it's one of the "favorite dishes of all Italians." Plus, find out what the Lone Ranger (played by John Hart) stuffed his chicken with.
In addition to being a source for interesting and creative recipes worth bragging about, Legends in the Kitchen is an ideal gift for someone special and a must-have for any serious cookbook collector.
Legends in the Kitchen: Celebrity Recipes for a Cause, (ISBN: 978-1-58985-054-5), retails for $17.95 USD or $18.95 CAN and can soon be purchased in bookstores and through BarnesandNoble.com, Borders.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com or indiebound.org. When purchased directly from the publisher at www.LegendsintheKitchen.com, all buyers receive a 24 percent discount in celebration of Five Star Publications' 24th year in business, and the first 100 orders receive a free copy of Only Make Believe: My Life in Show Business by Howard Keel. Visit www.FiveStarPublications.com for more info.
WHAT IS THIS BOOK ABOUT?
Legends in the Kitchen is chock full of delicious and unique recipes that make it possible for chefs and novice cooks alike to impress their friends and family with the very same dishes famous entertainers and dignitaries prepare and serve to their guests.
Imagine the conversation around the table when diners discover they are noshing on the Beef Stew with Walnuts that Betty Ford made for former President Gerald Ford, Victoria Principal's Jade Empress Chicken or Dick Clark's Cajun Corn Chowder. What could be more fun than topping off a meal with Larry Hagman's Fire and Ice dessert, Betty White's Crunch Pie or Andy Williams' Mama's Rhubarb Shortcake?
Legends sets the stage for star-powered entertaining and dining!
WHAT MAKES THIS BOOK UNIQUE?
Celebrities rallied for a noble cause--the Motion Picture & Television Fund--by sharing their favorite recipes, a few secrets and their hearts to help create Legends in the Kitchen. Because of their generosity, the nonprofit MPTF will receive additional funds to help serve the entertainment industry with its vast array of health, retirement, social and charitable services, as a percentage of book sale proceeds go to MPTF.
In addition to their mouthwatering recipes, celebrity contributors also give readers, personal commentary and a taste of humor. Legends in the Kitchen is a source for tasty and creative recipes worth bragging about, an ideal gift for someone special and a must-have for any serious cookbook collector.
Suggested Interview Questions
- Describe Legends in the Kitchen. What is it, and who would like it?
- How did the idea for Legends in the Kitchen come about?
- How did you get the celebrities to contribute their recipes?
- What mechanism did you use to prevent them from all giving you the same type of recipe? For example, what if 10 of them wanted to each give you a recipe for beef stew or apple pie. How do you tell a celebrity "thanks for contributing, but we'd rather have you send something else" without offending them?
- What was it like working with the stars on Legends in the Kitchen? Any funny or touching stories to share about connecting with them?
- Discuss a few of your favorite recipes from the book? Why you like them or why they are special.
- A portion of the proceeds of the sales of Legends in the Kitchen goes to the Motion Picture & Television Fund. Tell me about the charity and why you and your co-author chose to donate to it.
- Where will you be touring to promote your book?
- There are some special offers you have for people interested in buying Legends in the Kitchen. Tell us how people can get a discount on the price and/or another free book when they purchase this book.
- What's next for you? Will there be a Legends II or any other books?
© 2009 - 2012 Five Star Publications, Inc.
No portion of this website may be reprinted without express written consent of Five Star Publications, Inc.