by Marge Graziano
- Lady Lost is a compilation of news clippings you wrote for a local paper. How did your stories evolve into a book? What compelled you to write it?
- When did you first start to think of the Honeymoon Cottage as a "Lady?" What makes her story so personal?
- Why do you think the Honeymoon Cottage had succumbed to near ruin over the years? Why was it important to you to save this piece of Arizona history?
- You've mentioned frequently that writing Lady Lost was a deeply emotional experience for you. How did it become so personal? Are there lessons that others can learn from your story?
- Lady Lost ends with a reference to you being finally "at home." How much of your personal story is reflected in your analogies of the "Lady?" Did her restoration teach you any life lessons?
- How has the "Lady" affected your relationships with your children? Do they feel as close to her as you do?
- Your original intention was to restore the Honeymoon Cottage as a wedding/reception center. Does that thought still cross your mind?
- The restoration of the Honeymoon Cottage was a huge time commitment, undertaken at considerable expense. Would you do it again? What advice could you give someone who might consider taking on a similar project?
- When did it first become apparent to you that restoration of the Honeymoon Cottage was a much bigger project than you'd anticipated? Were you angry?
- Were you able to successfully resolve the conflicts you encountered with some of your subcontractors? Do you think the same types of problems would have arisen in a larger market vs. in such a small town?
- What kinds of restoration projects are currently underway in Jerome? Do you think "finding the Lost Lady" has influenced these ventures?
- You could easily be retired by now, yet you're busier than most people half your age! What motivates you to be so involved in your community and work so hard?
- When guests of Jerome's Historical Homes Tour visit the Honeymoon Cottage, what do they say? What kind of feedback about the restoration project have you received from the surrounding community?
- Is there much curiosity about the Lady displayed by passersby? Do you ever have to fend off unwieldy tourists?
- The Honeymoon Cottage is surrounded by such beautiful landscaping. When you look at the "complete picture," are you pleased with what you see? What still needs to be done?
- If you had to describe the "Lady" in five words or less, what would they be? Which five words best describe yourself?
Web site: http://www.JeromeLadyLost.com
Retail: $ 15.95
Publisher: Five Star Legends, a division of Five Star Publications, Inc.
Date Published: Summer 2009
6 x 9
Order directly from 5 Star Publications 24 hours a day.
Please note: Books pre-ordered through Five Star Publications will ship 5-7 days after publication. Additional shipping charges may apply to countries outside the US.
Other Online Bookstores:
Paperback Edition from Amazon
Contact us to order bulk quantities of this item.
About the Author